Do I have to sell my home when I move into aged care?

When you move into care you will be asked to pay for your accommodation as either a refundable lump sum (refundable accommodation deposit – RAD) or a daily “rental” payment (daily accommodation payment – DAP).

Some residents may choose to sell their home to make these payments.

Other residents may choose to keep their home so that other family members can live there or so they can earn rental income.

The choice is up to you. You are not forced to sell your home.

The choice you make may impact how much you pay for your care as well as how much age pension you are eligible to receive.

Contact us to understand your options.

This entry was posted in . Bookmark the permalink.